In celebration of 10 years of partnership between Tufts University and the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), the Tufts Institute of the Environment (TIE) and SEI held an anniversary symposium to commemorate the dedicated cooperation between the two organizations. This event was held on April 11, 2017 from 1pm-6pm, and included researchers fr ...
In celebration of the 10th year anniversary of the partnership between Tufts University and the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), SEI and the Tufts Institute of the Environment (TIE) launched a new internship program for Tufts students to participate in SEI internships.
The internship was co-sponsored by TIE and SEI and will provide st ...
Join us TODAY!! Come to the Tufts Medford Campus and find us in Cabot Hall, the ASEAN Auditorium from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM for a series of talks featuring experts in both water quality and quantity markets.
The Tufts alum talks to TIE about her vision for the Tufts Environmental Alumni (TEA)!
Travel Grants Available for Conference Presenters and Attendees and Research Data Collection!
Signature Programs, Initiatives and Partners
|Sponsored by the Tufts Institute of the Environment, the Water: Systems, Science, and Society certificate program provides guidance in course, research and internship selection for those seeking a deeper professional understanding of the multiple dimensions of water security.|
|TIE fellowships support excellent students and their work conducting interdisciplinary environmental research projects. Selected students will be receive funding toward a research stipend and/or supplies as well as skills workshops to support their professional development.|
|TELI-G is a weekend-long workshop aimed at enhancing graduate students’ environmental literacy through increased exposure and knowledge, enabling participants to effectively engage with environmental issues that will shape new generations.|
|Student interns play an important role in program development while gaining professional skills, exposure and access to networking and educational opportunities, and continued staff support. Contact Graduate Intern, Lauren O'Brien with inquiries.|
|Partners within Tufts University|
|Water Diplomacy is an innovative and integrative approach to address complex water problems. This doctoral program seeks to educate reflective water professionals who will: think across boundaries, integrate knowledge and action, and develop non-zero sum solutions.|
|Founded in 1984, The Environmental Studies Program (ENVS) was one of the first multidisciplinary environmental programs in the United States. Our students and alumni have become effective practitioners and advocates for the environment in medicine, law, finance, industry, government, and other academic fields.|
|Tufts Office of Sustainability serves as a resource, a catalyst, and an advocate for environmental sustainability at Tufts. Often we serve as a bridge between ideas and their practical implementation.|
|Our mission is to advance the health of animals, people and the environment through professional training, research and service to communities around the globe, utilizing a Conservation Medicine approach.|
|The Global Development And Environment Institute was founded in 1993 to combine the research and curricular development activities of two Tufts programs: the Program for Sustainable Change and Development, and the Center for Environmental and Resource Policy. The combination creates a center of expertise in economics, policy, science and technology.|
|Key External Partners|
|The Stockholm Environment Institute is an international non-profit research organization that has worked with environment and development issues from local to global policy levels for a quarter of a century. SEI works to shift policy and practice towards sustainability.|
|The Mystic River Watershed Association's mission is to protect and restore the Mystic River, its tributaries and watershed lands for the benefit of present and future generations and to celebrate the value, importance and great beauty of these natural resources.|
Connect with TIE on Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn for the latest event and news updates, check out our videos on Vimeo & YouTube, and read our publications on Issuu!
COP22: UN Conference on Climate Change
- Electric jet makes first successful test flight April 25, 2017The world’s first electric jet, which takes off and lands vertically, successfully completed test flights in Germany last week. Start-up Lilium’s two-seater prototype, billed the Eagle, carried out complex maneuvers, including its unique mid-air transition from hover mode to wing-borne forward flight. “We have solved some of the toughest engineering challenges in aviation to get to […]
- Turning the grid Upside down April 12, 2017At peak times, the electricity grid runs dangerously short of capacity. To meet this demand, the oldest, dirtiest, most expensive power stations are turned on. Upside Energy is a UK smart energy start-up with an aim to overcome this reliance on fossil fuel. Upside Energy has developed The Virtual Energy Store™, a cloud service that […]
- New EPA Funding Opportunity for Coastal Watershed Restoration in Southeast New England April 24, 2017BOSTON – EPA is releasing a request for applications (RFA) from eligible entities to administer a sub-award grant program to support goals of the Southeast New England Program for coastal watershed restoration.
- 12 New England Organizations Honored for Outstanding Achievements in Energy Efficiency April 6, 2017BOSTON - EPA and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) are honoring 12 New England businesses and organizations for their commitment to saving energy, saving money, and protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency achievements.
- Dye Study in Greenwich Conn. Harbor April 3-7, 2017 March 31, 2017Greenwich, CT - Scientists and engineers from Connecticut Department of Agriculture's Bureau of Aquaculture (CTDABA), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's New England Regional Laboratory, together with staff from the U.S.
- Settlement with Marina will Result in Cleaner Air on Block Island March 15, 2017BOSTON - A marina in Block Island, R.I., has reduced its emissions and taken steps to comply with federal clean air laws following an inspection and follow-up action from the US Environmental Protection Agency.
- Settlement Yields Protection for Deerfield River from Highway Project Runoff March 13, 2017BOSTON - Both parties involved in a road and bridge construction project in Deerfield, Mass.