The Tufts Environmental Alumni association (TEA) seeks to unite Tufts University alumni around the world who share a common interest in environmental issues and policies. Join our mailing list to learn about local events and news.
Signature Programs, Initiatives and Partners
|Sponsored by the Tufts Institute of the Environment, the Water: Systems, Science, and Society certificate program provides guidance in course, research and internship selection for those seeking a deeper professional understanding of the multiple dimensions of water security.|
|TIE fellowships support excellent students and their work conducting interdisciplinary environmental research projects. Selected students will be receive funding toward a research stipend and/or supplies as well as skills workshops to support their professional development.|
|TELI-G is a weekend-long workshop aimed at enhancing graduate students’ environmental literacy through increased exposure and knowledge, enabling participants to effectively engage with environmental issues that will shape new generations.|
|Student interns play an important role in program development while gaining professional skills, exposure and access to networking and educational opportunities, and continued staff support. Contact Graduate Intern, Lauren O'Brien with inquiries.|
|Partners within Tufts University|
|Water Diplomacy is an innovative and integrative approach to address complex water problems. This doctoral program seeks to educate reflective water professionals who will: think across boundaries, integrate knowledge and action, and develop non-zero sum solutions.|
|Founded in 1984, The Environmental Studies Program (ENVS) was one of the first multidisciplinary environmental programs in the United States. Our students and alumni have become effective practitioners and advocates for the environment in medicine, law, finance, industry, government, and other academic fields.|
|Tufts Office of Sustainability serves as a resource, a catalyst, and an advocate for environmental sustainability at Tufts. Often we serve as a bridge between ideas and their practical implementation.|
|Our mission is to advance the health of animals, people and the environment through professional training, research and service to communities around the globe, utilizing a Conservation Medicine approach.|
|The Global Development And Environment Institute was founded in 1993 to combine the research and curricular development activities of two Tufts programs: the Program for Sustainable Change and Development, and the Center for Environmental and Resource Policy. The combination creates a center of expertise in economics, policy, science and technology.|
|Key External Partners|
|The Stockholm Environment Institute is an international non-profit research organization that has worked with environment and development issues from local to global policy levels for a quarter of a century. SEI works to shift policy and practice towards sustainability.|
|The Mystic River Watershed Association's mission is to protect and restore the Mystic River, its tributaries and watershed lands for the benefit of present and future generations and to celebrate the value, importance and great beauty of these natural resources.|
The Challenges of Protecting Unpopular Species: Snakes
Join us this Thursday for the Environmental Studies Lunch & Learn!
Connect with TIE on Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn for the latest event and news updates, check out our videos on Vimeo & YouTube, and read our publications on Issuu!
COP22: UN Conference on Climate Change
- Spain’s King Honours Paris Climate Accord With Royal Award October 24, 2016It may not have been implemented yet and the world is still in peril, but the historic Paris Agreement on climate change has already received a royal award. UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) executive Patricia Espinosa and her predecessor Christiana Figueres accepted the prestigious 2016 Princess of Asturias Award for International Cooperation on behalf […]
- 3 Delicious Recipes to Squash Your Pumpkin Waste This Halloween October 21, 2016The real horror during Halloween is the story about the thousands upon thousands of edible pumpkins that go to waste. In the UK alone over 18,000 tonnes of pumpkin go to waste during the Halloween period, that’s pretty scary. The agricultural sector is a major contributor to climate change, and accounted for over 20 per cent […]
- EPA Issues Final Cleanup Plan for the Housatonic River "Rest of River" Project in Western Mass. and Conn. October 24, 2016BOSTON - Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency issued its final decision on its Rest of River permit, which outlines a final cleanup plan for a 125 mile stretch of the Housatonic River from Pittsfield, Mass. through Connecticut.
- Two Mass. Groups Awarded $120,000 for Revitalization Efforts on Mystic and Connecticut Rivers October 12, 2016BOSTON - The Mystic and Connecticut rivers in Massachusetts will benefit from $60,000 each awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to help protect and restore urban waters and support community revitalization and other local priorities.
- Free EPA Resources Available to Promote Healthy Communities and Healthy Children October 6, 2016BOSTON - EPA is committed to protecting the environment and public health by providing our children and our communities with cleaner water, cleaner air and an improved quality of life.
- EPA Seeks Public input on Modified Training at Joint Base Cape Cod October 6, 2016BOSTON - EPA is seeking public comment on a proposed modification to its 1997 order that required the Massachusetts Army National Guard to suspend training activities related to contamination of the Cape Cod Aquifer, and EPA will hold a public meeting to discuss these issues on O
- Cape Cod Owner Agrees to Restore and Preserve Wetlands to Resolve Clean Water Act Violations October 3, 2016BOSTON - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Justice have reached an agreement with Idlewild Acres, LLC, and Peter M. Wild, its owner and manager, resolving violations of the federal Clean Water Act related to wetlands.