2016 was an exciting year at TIE! Read the exciting professional events TIE contributed including the annual Energy Conference and the 22nd COP in Morocco!
- Tufts Energy Conference, March 6, 2016: In 2016, the Tufts Energy Conference explored the geopolitics of energy, with discussion centering on how energy developments at the global, regional, and national levels are shaping international politics and security.
- 29th annual Local Environmental Action Conference, March 13th, 2016 at Northeastern University: TIE was a Bronze Sponsor for this event. The event played host to a variety of experts from across Massachusetts and more than 100 co-sponsoring groups, ranging from grassroots organizers such as 350Mass to the Conservation Law Firm, and public servants such as the DEP and the Attorney General’s office. Additionally, they had significant attendance from private sector participants including solar and energy-efficiency companies, and campaign groups. This allowed students to get to know and network with individuals at all levels of the environmental movement here in Massachusetts.
- Climate Change: The Role of the University, April 1, 2016: A two-day symposium sponsored by the Tufts Office of the Provost and Institute of the Environment in collaboration with Tufts Climate Action. The Keynote speech was given by Prof. Jeffrey Sachs.
- DC Environmental Film Festival, September 28-29, 2016: In line with TIE’s commitment to addressing the environment and environmental concerns from an interdisciplinary lens, TIE proudly sponsored the DCEFF. Featured environmental films covered a range of topics, from the science and impact of climate change, to water scarcity, and the dark side of technology.
- TIE at COP-22, Morocco, 7-18 November, 2016: TIE delegates represented Tufts University at The 22nd session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 22) to the UNFCCC . This was an event of global importance for the environment, attended by countries from across the world preparing to enter into force the Paris Agreement, which brings all nations into a common cause to undertake ambitious efforts to combat climate change.