Resources for Applicants
Tuft’s Office of Research and Development and the Tisch Library offer useful links and resources for Proposal Preparation:
- How to deconstruct a Request for Applications found here.
- Preparing to Research for Your Grant Proposal found here.
- Writing Resources and Guidelines found here.
- Data Management found here.
In writing your proposal application, we encourage the use of SMART Principles
General Tips on Preparing a Research Budget found here. (Note: This link only serves as a guide; please follow the TIE Project Budget template for application submission.)
In Preparing Budgets, useful links to gauge prices and travel costs include:
- Travel—STA Travel, Student Universe
- Housing—Craigslist, university sites for visiting students, newspaper classified ads
- Food/Living—Numbeo, travel guides (Let’s Go, Lonely Planet), expat sites
- Internal Travel—city or country specific transportation services, travel blogs
When looking for Faculty Advisers who can complement your interdisciplinary work, you can:
- Refer to testimonials and blurbs from current and past TIE Fellows (see below links).
- Seek information and help by contacting TIE at firstname.lastname@example.org