Environmental Business Council: Member Services Coordinator
The EBC, a 501(c)6 nonprofit business organization, was established in 1990 to support and foster the development of the environmental industry. The goal of the EBC is to enhance business and job growth of both established and emerging environmental and energy businesses. The Environmental Business Council of New England is searching for an energetic and proactive person to take on the role of Member Services Coordinator. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a variety of organizations and businesses in the environmental industry. We are seeking a professional, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual to manage the EBC’s 165+ member companies. This position requires strong organizational skills, effective and professional communication, and the ability to manage multiple meetings throughout the year. Candidates must have business and office experience – accounting experience a plus. The Member Services Coordinator will handle all EBC affairs related to membership, including retention, recruitment, and working directly with the Board of Directors and EBC Committee Leadership. He/she must also be willing to work necessary hours leading up to, during, and immediately following EBC programs and events. This includes early mornings and late evenings. Driver’s license required, car ownership a plus. – See more at: http://ebcne.org/about/employment-internships/#sthash.RaIKcMub.dpuf
Summary: This is an excepted service, time-limited, term appointment for up to 5 years, with the possibility of renewals. The candidate will be hired as a USDA/Foreign Agricultural Service employee, but will be detailed to the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The incumbent will be assigned to the USAID/Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3), Global Climate Change (GCC) Office in the Analysis, Innovation and Demonstration Division (AID). The USAID GCC Office is responsible for coordinating and reporting on USAID’s contribution toward the USG Global Climate Change Initiative, implementation of USAID’s Climate Change and Development Strategy, coordinating with international organizations, donors, and processes that deal with climate change and development, and for providing thought leadership to advance climate-resilient, low emissions development through USAID efforts. The GCC Office supports the Agency Global Climate Change Coordinator on climate change activities and coordinates with other US government agencies on climate change as well as other bureaus and offices at USAID to carry out its work.
The Program Analyst will work with a team of technical experts to provide inputs to advance USAID’s climate change adaptation objectives, including to climate change adaptation policy, programs, activities, and analyses. The incumbent will join a small team dedicated to climate change adaptation within the USAID Office of Global Climate Change, and in addition to providing inputs to adaptation advisory services and supporting project design and management, will contribute to cross-office objectives such as procurement, reporting, communicating results to internal USAID and external stakeholders, and representing USAID in domestic and international forums https://www.usajobs.gov/
Organization U.S. Department of Agriculture/Foreign Agricultural Service, but assigned to the U. S. Agency for International Development/Global Climate Change Office
- Position Program Analyst (GIS-SERVIR Analyst) GS-0343-13
- Term, Experience Level, Special Requirements: This is an excepted service, time-limited, term appointment for up to 5 years, with the possibility of renewals. Must be a U.S. citizen or National. Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. The Program Analyst will serve as an expert in building capacity of developing countries to use information for development decision-making related to climate resilience and sustainable land use. This includes all types of data and information: satellite data, other earth observation information, in-situ data, and derived geospatial information. The incumbent will join a small team dedicated to the SERVIR program (www.servirglobal.net) and climate services within the USAID Office of Global Climate Change. Current regions include Eastern and Southern Africa, Hindu Kush-Himalaya, Southeast Asia, and West Africa. In addition to providing input to the SERVIR program and climate services activities, s/he will contribute to improving cross-office objectives such as procurement, reporting, communicating results to internal USAID and external stakeholders, and representing USAID in international forums.
- Your Web Address for this Job Posting: This job announcement is posted on USAjobs. Applicants must click on the link to reach the correct vacancy announcement, and apply via USAjobs. https://www.usajobs.gov/
- Date (Deadline for Application/Starting Date): applications must be received by 11:59 pm Friday April 3 2015
- Duty Station Washington DC USA with international travel
- Contact Information Terence Albrecht, USDA/FAS; 1400 Independence Ave SW, Washington DC 20250; ph. 202-690-1916, e-mail <email@example.com
Program Directors at Environment America:
Fellowship Program at Environment America (for graduating seniors):
Environmental Protection Specialist (Climate Change Adaptation Specialist)
US Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service
Postgraduate opportunity at EPA: Drinking water source protection research participation program
Do you have a posting for this site? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.